Medicare Benefits Counseling
Medicare/Benefits Staff and Volunteer Counselors provide assistance to clients on Medicare with one-on one counseling, conduct outreach to the public, and empower seniors to prevent healthcare fraud at various community settings in Northern Arizona. Staff and Volunteer Counselors assist clients with filling out forms; make appropriate referrals and answer questions related to Medicare issues, Social Security, Medicare Supplemental Insurance, Health Maintenance Organizations (HMOs), Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), and other healthcare, and public benefits.
Thus said, clients can be referred to Medicare Benefit Counselors for the following issues:
- Signing up for Medicare A and B- any issues surrounding Employer insurance vs Medicare, When to enroll, penalties, benefit explanation, and preventative care
- Medicare A and B Benefit explanation, claims/billing, appeals/grievances, errors/ fraud/abuse, quality of care
- Medicare part D- prescription Drug Plans; finding a plan that fits their needs, enrollment/ disenrollment, benefit explanation, plan comparisons, claims/billing, Fraud/error/ abuse, penalties for late enrollment
- Medicare part C-advantage plans; plan comparison, enrollment/disenrollment, benefit explanation, appeals/grievances, errors/fraud/abuse
- Medigap/supplement plans; comparison, benefit explanation, eligibility, errors/ fraud/abuse
- Under 65 years old with a disability; SSD, extra help, benefit explanation,
- Extra help for low income via; AHCCCS, Medicare Savings Plan to include extra help paying their Part B premium, eligibility screening, application assistance
- Extra help for low income with Prescription Drug Premiums- Low Income Subsidy; screening for eligibility, application assistance
- Other benefit issues: VA/military benefits and Medicare, Federal employee benefits and Medicare, early retirement, penalties for non-coverage, Benefit coverage for DME-(Durable Medical Equipment) to include coverage for O2, finding a Medicare contracted provider for DME
- Senior Medicare Patrol-how to review EOB’s (Explanation of Benefits), what to do if you find errors, fraud and abuse
- One on One counseling, Group Presentations, resources and information, and volunteer program
Answers on Aging | Pharmacy Benefits
The Maximize Your Pharmacy Benefits Consumer Guide help's to make sure that you have the information you need to maximize your pharmacy benefits
Click Here for a Consumer Quick Guide!
Click Here for a Consumer Checklist!