Thursday, Apr 30, 2020
To our Yavapai County Businesses and Community Members,
The Northern Arizona Council of Governments (NACOG) Economic/Workforce Development Division (EWD) is working side-by-side with you as we work toward resiliency following the economic and workforce difficulties posed by COVID-19. Effects of “precaution” are definitely being felt right here. We are committed to do everything we can to help ease the burden of our businesses and workforce as we work through this together.
In Yavapai County, NACOG has access to federal and state Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Dislocated Worker and Rapid Response funding to assist in a variety of ways:
- NACOG and ARIZONA@WORK is a resource for your unpaid employees to reach out for assistance with Unemployment Insurance benefits and Temporary Employment Services. Register at Arizona Job Connection (AJC), www.azjobconnection.gov and Unemployment Insurance, www.azui.gov . NOTE – We recommend including a note Reason for Separation – “COVID-19”.
- NACOG also assists employers with Layoff Aversion strategies and resilience planning.
- Dislocated Workers who have been separated from income have access to WOIA services due to COVID-19 layoffs, and we are working on temporary assignments that our clients can be placed in.
- NACOG Virtual Services can be found here.
- Tips for financial management and stress management can be found here.
- COVID-19 Recovery Solutions for Local Businesses - read our article in the Prescott E-News here: https://www.prescottenews.com/index.php/news/current-news/item/35182-covid-19-recovery-plan-for-local-businesses
Employers: If you are facing closure, please let your employees know that there are services at NACOG – please call the West County One Stop at (928)778-1422 or (928)308-4832, East County One Stop at (928)649-6867 or (928)649-6868, or visit our websites: www.nacog.org and www.yavapaiatwork.com.
As a community, please respond to inquiries with the information provided here related to work conditions rather than forwarding calls. Attached you will find a Community Resources Guide, screen shots from the Arizona Job Connection website for guidance on signing up, and information regarding how to file for Unemployment Insurance.
”And the people stayed home…and when the danger passed, people came together again.”
ACA PPP Loan Calculator Tool: https://www.azcommerce.com/loan-calculator
ACA Small Business Bootcamp and Resource Collective: https://go.azcommerce.com/webmail/629661/227770431/527d3fd95f13b1693a5ee31f539a1c58563dea6125ee0aaf32a03d041f625ada
Free WiFi for job search and Unemployment Insurance claims in the Prescott area - call (928)778-1422 for information!
Coconino County COVID-19 Resources:
For business resources, go to https://www.coconino.az.gov/2237/Economic-Development
For employee resources, go to https://www.coconino.az.gov/2318/COVID-19-Employee-Related-Items
Navajo/Apache County COVID-19 Resources:
REAL Az Development Council:
This e-blast is intended to provide you with the following:
- A comparison of the Economic Injury Disaster Loan (EIDL) and the Paycheck Protection Program (PPP). Both of these programs have assistance for small businesses and should be reviewed carefully and links to the applications are included.
- Contact information for the Disaster Assistance Customer Service Center including a phone number and email address. We understand that the system has been overwhelmed at times and even the phone number can be difficult to get thru but we have been advised that the email address email@example.com may be the best option.
- Another program (IRS: Employee Retention Credit) is a refundable tax credit of 50% of up to $10,000 in wages.
- Arizona Commerce Authority Webinar today at 2pm with a link to sign up for this one entitled “Workforce Continuity & Strategy”. https://www.azcommerce.com/covid-19/webinars/
- Clarification on the eligibility of Faith-Based organizations for the EIDL and PPP programs.